Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easter Decorating has turned into an Obsession!!

It all started innocently enough, wanting to share a beautiful, fun and creative family tradition with my stepkids.   I began innocently enough and then it started to grow, I realized it but had other projects and things going on so I wasn't concerned.  Today I realized it was taking over my life and I was obsessed!

I sent my BFF a text... "Eggs have taken over my house!"  I realized it when I was editing and organizing photos for this post and could fully see my addiction... Almost 250 pics... of eggs! And yes the majority are individual eggs!  WOW!

So I have decided to shut down the project.  I will be sharing with you over the next week or so, I don't want to blow up the internet or my laptop trying to do it all at once, but most importantly I don't want to bore you with what might seem like the same things over and over.  They really are different I promise and I hope you really love them all.. I know I do ;)

Without further ado... Easter

Ta Dah... I made these eggs a few years for a decorating contest at work, which I won!



All these eggs are hollow, when I break one I try to use the bits and pieces to make something different, waste not want  not, as my momma always said.


 I had recently purchased a scrapbook kit and while rummaging through my supplies to try and find some idea of what to do for the contest I found it and it was a 'aha' moment.
I have loved Easter since I was a child its such an amazing time of year, Spring, babies animals, flowers, fancy new clothes for church...

This little cutie was from my childhood... mom always found the cutest things to place in our baskets!



This one actually used to clip on to things but I think I played with it too much as a child  but its still adorable!

I had to blur the faces but I really wanted to show you a lacy doily my momma made, and this great flower box I got  for a $1 at my fav local thrift shop!

Don't forget to add some gorgeous color to your wardrobe too.

I Luv Spring was the theme I went with on these eggs and I presented them like this but in a basket not a silver tray. Tomorrow I will show you how we displayed them when I was a little girl.

Enjoy Y'all

Lizz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, enjoy and have a great day!