Monday, March 18, 2013

Shaving Cream Marble Eggs

A friend gave me this easy way to make marble look Easter eggs,  I would using suggest gloves and tongs as you are working with straight dye not diluted.


First get regular shave cream not gel. You want to use containers that you don't mind if they get stained and spray a good amount of cream in.

Next with you dyes simply dot the cream.  Then with a toothpick swirl. Don't mix, just swirl together otherwise you will just get a nicely colored egg not marbled.

I used one pan and started with a teal green that I created by mixing colors together, blue and green.  Choose colors that you like you don't have to be super fancy or artistic, do what you enjoy.

This is my final cream mixture using a teal, orange and yellow dye.
Remember crafting should be fun, so play with it!

Now take your egg (hard-boiled or hollowed) and roll it gently through the mixture making sure to cover entire egg.  Gently set aside to dry I used the egg craft so as not to wipe off any of the shave cream.

Thats the teal color painted onto a piece of egg shell in the background.

I then added orange (red-yellow) and rolled an egg through.

Orange and Teal


Finally I have it some neon yellow and rolled one more egg.

Teal and Neon Yellow


Now the hard part waiting for the dyes to set on the egg.  Give it about 15 mins. Then simply wipe off the cream with a paper towel and viola gorgeous marbled eggs!

This is how I set mine to let them dry while waiting. 


I think these would be beautiful on an Easter buffet as hard-boiled eggs.

Beautiful Marbled Eggs


Enjoy Y'all
Lizz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, enjoy and have a great day!